I say, should be familiar, because sometimes educational concepts are slow to filter through to teachers at the coalface. As I read this blog tonight called "Same Old, Same Old" by Tom Whitby, I reflected on why changes are so slow. Whitby says that "There is no longer a choice as to whether or not educators should incorporate technology tools for learning into education. That boat has sailed, that train left the station, that genie is out of the bottle, and that horse got out of the barn. Time to close that barn door and get on with it. "
- personalised learning
- new views of equity and diversity
- a culture of lifelong learning for teachers and educational leaders
- new partnerships and relationships (with communities)
- new roles for teachers and learners
- using knowledge to develop learning power.
I urge all parents to start asking questions of the school leaders about these themes.
Have a great break over Christmas and New Year and keep safe!