Pages

Sunday 6 September 2015

Why aren't you trying any of these "15 Things For All Teachers to Try"?

I love this latest drawing from Sylvia Duckworth, inspired by Austin Gagnier (@Austin_Gagnier8).  If only some would  try even one of these things.  It would be a step in the right direction. A seat on the right bus.  A paddle on the right waka.
They are all such powerful and useful things to do I wonder why some teachers are not.  And maybe it is that they don't get why.  Or maybe their school curriculum has been overcrowded with other things to do.  Or maybe they do not have enough devices in their classroom. Or maybe they are afraid.  Or maybe they do not have the support of the leadership of the school.
What is your reason for not doing any one of these things?  I would love to hear.

2 comments:

  1. I like some of these ideas but going paperless seems madness to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is some really good stuff amongst the 15 classroom challenges that could really add to the digital knowledge and experience of students (and their teachers of course) not to mention them being good exercises in create thinking and problem solving. I would definitely try a few of these in my classes but not all due to curriculum/assessment pressures.

    ReplyDelete