- I ran away from my first husband.
- I ran away to Hawaii 15 years later to get married to my second husband.
- I am not very good at running, actually
- I spent nearly a year in and out of three different hospitals when I was 5 with osteomyelitis in my foot and Charlotte Dawson's father (adopted) was the bone specialist who finally fixed it with a bone transplant from my hip.
- I started my working life as a microbiologist specialising in the study of viruses in sewage
- I have never once in my whole life been slim.
- My maiden name is Gulliver
- I love summer.
- I once won the women's shoot at clay bird shooting at my father's club.
- I am naturally a brunette
- My new neighbour is Mark Lundy
Pretty random, huh?
And now the answers to Manu's 11 questions.
- If I had the power to create change in education in Aotearoa, I would have every educator and educational institution implementing the use of technology in their classrooms to allow every student to live and breathe and embody the six themes of future oriented teaching and learning through the power of digital technology.
- My most influential teacher in high school was my 6th form English teacher- Mr Allen- a man with one arm. It is so long ago, I nearly forgot his name but he talked to us about his own life experiences and built the relationship so well that I strived to do my best to please him with essays and tests. I cannot remember what he said to me personally, his remarks were always directed to the class as a whole. He was a great story-teller.
- The Christmas card or the present? It is neither really. It is the thought behind the present be it small or large. Why did you give me this?
- My racing partner would be my Dan,
- My specialist topic on Mastermind would be plants. I like plants, I like their biology, their life cycles, their forms,their many uses and their never understated importance to us in the world.
- The NZ road rule that should be omitted - push bikes should not be allowed on car and truck roads - they should have separate roads or lanes. I fear for their riders' lives. I think bike riding is awesome - great to keep everyone fit and fun but it is too dangerous to go on NZ roads. Don't stop bike riding though, just build separate byways for them.
- My fav app at the moment is Bitstrips just because it is the holidays and fun. I am nearly over it though.
- Facebook for social media, Google+ for work related networks. Google+ has less fluff with it. Twitter for instant access to pd. Search with your desired hashtag.
- Reasons for blogging? - reflections clarify thinking. Helps you focus on what is important - whether it be work, play, friends or family. So that is the diarying aspect. There is also the sharing aspect, and getting feedback - so nice to know there are other people out there who value what you have to say!
- A four day working week? Yessirrreeee!!
- Top of my bucket list is to tour all 50 of the US of A! Such a beautiful country, so many diverse people, so many weird and wonderful places to visit. It would take me about 18 months I think. Have only been to 16 so far.
I am not so sure about nominating 11 bloggers. I have been nominated for other blog writing exercises such as this and it can become a bit of a trial!! Maybe I will just wait for 11 bloggers to volunteer responses and answer the same questions that Manu asked in her original blog.
The good thing is, I have now done my first 2014 blog!! Thanks, Manu!